Roll labels are a convenient and economical way to promote your company, products, events and marketing messages. They are widely used by breweries, wineries, food producers, health and beauty, industrial and manufacturing companies and many other consumer goods producers. The Print Source, Inc. has the technology to produce high-quality labels in quantities ranging from hundreds to millions with no plate fees.
Here are common questions we are asked about Roll Labels:
Where are places that I can use roll labels?
Roll labels are one of the best marketing pieces that can spread mass awareness, both indoors and outdoors, and be produced at a low cost. The most common uses for roll labels are:
- Food and Beverage Labels
- Consumer Products
- Promotional Use
- Industrial Labeling
- Shipping Labels
- Warning Labels
- Asset/Property ID
- Security Labels & Seals
- Warehouse Inventory
- Bar Coding
Who uses roll labels?
Roll labels are widely used by breweries, wineries, food producers, health and beauty, industrial and manufacturing companies, and many other consumer goods producers.
What do I need to consider when creating/ordering Roll Labels?
The main three things you need to think about when making/designing/ordering roll labels is:
- What will the label be sticking to?
- What environment is the label going to be in?
- Will the label be machine or hand applied to your product?
How customized can I make my roll labels?
While the most common roll label substrate printed on is a semi-gloss, there are many options of how your label can be made and cut.
Here are options that are available to consider for your roll label needs:
- Thousands of material and adhesive combinations
- High resolution & process color
- UV inks
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Sequential bar code printing
- Variable data
- Custom die-cutting or butt-cutting
- Spot or flood varnishes
- Metallic inks
- Unlimited colors and finishes
Your roll label can have these types of cuts/shapes:
- Butt-Cut Labels
- Our most economical Roll Label available. With this type of label, the bottom of the previous label butts up against the top of the next label, with no space between the two labels. So many uses, so little cost!
- Butt-Cut Labels cannot bleed and are provided on an easy-peel backing material.
- Circular, Oval, Square & Rectangular Labels
- Flexo printed Roll Labels are the best choice for high quality applications.
- Our Circular, Oval, Square & Rectangular Labels are available in a wide variety of stock sizes, paper label stocks and ink colors for a custom look at an uncustomary price.
- Special Shape Labels
- Use one of our existing dies and save while getting the shape you need.
- Take advantage of our stock shapes to create your own custom roll label with no extra die charge. Available on white paper, paper foil, and florescent paper, we will print your simple artwork on our stock shape.
- Custom Shape Labels
- Die-Cut Labels are available in custom shapes, may have a bleed and are provided on an easy-peel backing material with the waste removed for your convenience.
Roll labels can be printed and wound in the direction that best suits your equipment or application method:
- Over with image facing up, down, right or left.
- Under with image facing up, down, right or left.