Here are the program file types we accept:
- Adobe Acrobat (up to version DC) * High-Resolution PDF Preferred
- Adobe Illustrator (up to version CC)
- Adobe InDesign (up to version CC)
- Adobe Photoshop (up to version CC)
- Corel Draw (up to version X7)
- Gerber Omega/Composer (version 6.0)
- Any other graphics program that can save to or export files as a .AI, .EPS or .TIF format
Preparing Files to Submit
Using the proper file type is essential for producing your art correctly. PDF is our preferred file format. When submitting PDFs, please save them as high-resolution files with fonts & links embedded and crop marks & bleeds included.
- Always send all file elements (i.e. fonts, AI, EPS, TIF, etc.) used to create your artwork. Packaging all your file items (fonts, images, etc.) together in a .zip file when submitting your artwork is an excellent solution to minimize errors or missing items.
- Note: JPGs, TIFs and raster files are not acceptable art for certain workflows and may require additional art time to convert. An exception to this is if a job is to be produced as a four-color process, including digital printing, halftone or gradation jobs, wraps, ect.
File Submission Options
Here is how we accept your files:
- USB Flash Drives
- CD or DVD
- E-MAIL: art@ThePrintSourceInc.com
NOTE: Orders sent via e-mail must be confirmed with a purchase order.
- FTP upload – Contact us for upload information.
Other Artwork Specifications
- Use PMS Spot Colors when assigning colors to art, except on 4-color process jobs. If you are using one of the standard ink colors from our chart, rename or create a new swatch in your file and it will be changed to the color specified on your purchase order.
- File Resolution
- Submitted files should have a resolution of no lower than 300 dpi (dots per inch) at their finished size. Raising the dpi of a graphic that was created at a lower resolution WILL NOT improve the quality.
- Font Information
- If possible, convert all Text to Paths (Outlines or Curves). This means that the text is an object and can no longer be edited. This prevents font substitutions, which occur when a font is used that does not match on our system. If this is not possible, send copies of all screen and printer fonts used in the file. Fonts used in placed or nested graphics must also be converted or sent with files.
- When submitting Photoshop files, do not flatten the image. We are unable to make changes to the file once it has been rendered.
- Looking for ideas on where to start? We have templates available for Floor & Carpet Decals, ID Tags, Labels and Service Due Static Decals. Let us know if you need one!